Find out what’s on at Poulton Library with regular events held each week and special one-offs. For more details about any of these events please contact Poulton Library with the details at the bottom of the page.
For other local events check out the Events Calendar here
What’s on at Poulton Library in May 2018
Come and join us every Monday and Friday for Baby Bounce and Rhyme, ideal for babies up to 18 months old, from 10.00am to 10.30am.
On a Tuesday we have plenty of events to keep you busy.
- Scrabble Group – beginners welcome 2.00pm to 3.30pm
- For our younger members we have a Storytime session suitable for under-fives a mixture of stories and rhymes from 2.15pm to 2.45pm.
On a Thursday we have the following activities.
- Toddler Rhyme Time – fun with rhymes and music ideal for 18 months to 4 year olds from 10.00am to 10.30am.
- Computer courses – Learn My Way – 10.30am to 12 noon. Contact us to register your interest in our free classes.
- Adult Colouring Club bring your own book and we will provide the crayons and pencils 2.15pm to 4pm.
- On the second Thursday of each month our Reading Group meet at 6.45pm to 7.30pm. This month they will be discussing ‘The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier. Meeting Thursday 10th May.
Every Friday the Knit and Natter Craft Group meet. Come and join the friendly group to knit and chat. Refreshments available. All ages and abilities welcome – 1.30pm to 3pm.
If you and your children are at a loose end on a Saturday morning come along and play some board games between 11am and 12noon.
If need any help with your computer on or offline we have a number of digital volunteers available for one to one support. Contact us to book a slot.
Art for All
Want to try something new? Learn how to paint your own watercolour with style. Come along and meet John Crompton, the local artist running these sessions, who will guide you through painting your own landscape or seascape for you to take away. Suitable for beginners. Booking Essential. Thursday 3rd and 17th May 12.15pm – 2.00pm and 2.30pm – 4.15pm – £3 charge
Introduction to Australia through the City of Sydney
Have you been enjoying the sights of the Gold Coast, Australia whilst watching the Commonwealth Games? Come along and meet Clive Jones as he presents his fascinating insight to Australia via the city of Sydney through a selection of slides and interesting anecdotes. All welcome and refreshments will be available.
Friday 11th May 2.15pm – 3.15pm – Free
Young Poulton Photographers
Come along and see this annual competition and exhibition at Poulton Library.
Friday 11th May to 31st May – All day – Free
Salute to the Past
We welcome local man Roy Pickup, who was a RAC motorcycle patrolman, to give us a humorous talk about his work as a patrolman in the 1960’s. All welcome. Refreshments will be available. Friday 18th May 2.15pm – 3.15pm – Free
This is a course specifically designed to give people a better awareness and understanding of Dementia and Alzheimer’s, and an insight into this often progressive disease. It will cover what Dementia actually is and the needs of people who have the disease. This event is free to all adults over 19, booking is essential. Monday 21st May 2.00pm – 5.00pm
A Visit to Lundy
We welcome local man Graham Chadwick to Poulton Library who is a regular visitor to Lundy. Come along and find out about the history and beauty of this island in the Bristol Channel through Graham’s humorous talk. All welcome and refreshments will be available. Friday 25th May 2.15pm – 3.00pm – Free
- 21/04/2018 – 04/05/2018 – Billie Franks displays acrylics on canvas
- 05/05/2018 – 18/05/2018 – A selection of paintings by William McCooey
- 19/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 – Paintings by Vivien Clayton
There is a small cabinet for exhibiting small items of interest to the local community or for selling small craft items made by local artists. Please ask Library staff for further details
- 21/04/2018 – 04/05/2018 – Jewellery for sale by Caroline Anderson
- 05/05/2018 – 18/05/2018 – Gail Khan has items made out of driftwood – seaside themed models that can be purchased from the display.
- 18/05/2018 – 01/06/2018 – Lorraine Hickling is showing a selection of miniature dolls houses
Poulton library is always looking for a variety of speakers & entertainment for the local people. If you have something that you think our local community would like see, please contact a member of staff at Poulton Library.
Get in touch, or just pop into the library and speak to a member of staff (please mention you saw it on Visit Fylde Coast!)
Blackpool Old Road
Poulton-le-Fylde, FY6 7DH
Tel: 0300 123 6703 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poulton Library Opening Hours: Mon 9-5, Tue 9-7.30, Wed 9-12.30, Thu 9-7.30, Fri 9-5 & Sat 9-1
Find out More
Have a look at the Visit Poulton-le-Fylde website homepage for more of the latest updates.
If you love the Fylde Coast you ought to sign up for our weekly email newsletter. It’s packed full of interesting things and will arrive in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.
Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast